Thursday, May 20, 2010

From Russia With Love, Or Not

So it's been a while since my last post.

I've got a small update for you though. The Fed 2 was broken, after I ran one roll of film through I found that there were light leaks. In all the photos that I took there'd be a great big streak where the image blew out, so either it has light leaks or the shutter is gone. The point is that the review can't continue, the good news is I came across a Zorki 3 with a banged up 50mm f3.5 collapsible lens and I now have a light meter and a cheap-o film scanner. What I'm saying is we've not seen the last of my film days, not by a long shot.

Oh, here's a shot I took with my Yashica Electro 35 GTN, scanned using the Wolverine F2D scanner (a very very cheap scanner, the scanner does a decent job). The colors are a bit wonky because of the expired film I used.

Here's a link to a larger scan of the photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/28858399@N06/4597969476/sizes/m/